Grilled beef steak with wasabi butter
Wasabi butter is the perfect accompaniment to spice up the classic weekday meal. Serve alongside a salad or veggies for something a little different. The butter can be made ahead of time and sliced as you need it.
Ingredients2 beef rib-eye steaks
125g unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon Shima wasabi paste
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Sea salt and pepper
Watercress sprigs, lemon cheek and grated fresh Shima wasabi (optional), to serve
- Season each side of the steaks with salt and pepper and leave them out of the fridge to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Combine the butter, wasabi, parsley and mustard in a bowl, taste and add extra wasabi to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a chargrill plate or barbecue to high.
- Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or to your liking.
- Rest steaks for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide steaks and watercress among plates.
- Liberally spoon wasabi butter over the steaks.
- If using, serve with lemon cheeks and extra fresh grated wasabi.